About Us: CMD - Precision Manufacturing Group
Innovative solutions for your complex manufacturing requirements
Since inception in 1967, Custom Mold & Design (CMD) has become an industry leader for designing and building high-precision fast cycling molds. In more recent years, we have expanded our capabilities to provide machined component, fixturing and contract manufacturing support. We formed our Precision Manufacturing Group division in 2008 to better focus our efforts on these expanded capabilities. That is, we have dedicated equipment and personnel to the art of providing precision machined components for businesses in highly regulated industries like Aerospace, Defense and Medical. We also serve important companies in industries like Automotive, Commercial, Electronics, Industrial and Technology.
In 2014, we moved into our newly renovated 40,000 sq. ft. facility in Forest Lake, MN.
At CMD - Precision Manufacturing Group, we routinely manufacture products with extremely close tolerance ranges (within .0001 of an inch or less). We utilize some of the world's most sophisticated equipment in order to achieve these tolerances.
More important than the quality of our equipment is the expertise and training of our staff. We only employ the very best individuals and provide them with continual training to ensure that they are expertly skilled at running our best in class equipment. Our manufacturing plans require frequent assurance checks throughout the manufacturing process to ensure 100% print conformance. We utilize the latest CMM technology, visions systems and other technologies to measure CTQ and other control dimensions and record all required data.
- We specialize in prototype runs with quick turnaround and low volume manufacturing
- Our capabilities also include medium to high volume manufacturing
- Our Engineering team is well versed in providing design for manufacturability (DFM) support to assist you in optimizing your product designs.
- We manufacture product from a varied array of standard and exotic materials (metals, alloys, plastics and composite materials)
- Copper (including Beryllium Copper)
- Stainless Steel Alloys
- Castable Alloys
- Nickel, Hastelloy, Inconel, Invar
- Titanium and MP35N
- Polymers including PEEK (Orthopedic Implants and Defense Applications), Acetal, Ultem, Polycarbonate and many others
- Composite materials
Let us show you how our dedicated team, with a passion for excellence, can provide customer focused solutions to meet your cost, quality and delivery requirements.